CREPIM is an European Laboratory for the development and the approval of materials covered by fire regulations. Located in the heart of Europe, CREPIM tests, develops and
certifies fire resistant formulas for companies working in the mass transportation sector (such as railway, aircraft and maritime industry), electrical applications, in the
building and the textile sectors. This activity is environmentally friendly led and takes into account the product end of life.
For the manufacturers, CREPIM represents a key opportunity to be in direct contact with the requirements of the various European markets, and also guarantees them a straight
access to these markets. In order to better answer the needs of development and testing, CREPIM activity features four poles:
- Testing division
- CE marking - Construction Product regulation and Certification division
- Development division
- Training division
The Testing pole was born from CREPIM will to focus on its company contacts and more especially on its SME/SMI contacts. The chosen pathway was the regulation. The associated
constraints finally give a competitive advantage to the first companies able to meet the new standard requirementsâ€¦ and thus able to anticipate the regulation evolution.
CREPIM has anticipated for years this phenomenon by professionalizing the service provided to the client. Indeed, it is the qualification test downstream which gives the value
of the development work upstream.
In the light of this, the test certificates delivered by CREPIM have the European and international recognition:
- Since 1999, CREPIM has been accredited by the COFRAC on 18 fire tests in the 77-1, 77-2 and 77-3 context
- The laboratory obtained in 2004 its accreditation renewal according to the new ISO CEI 17025 standard
- The accreditation scope was enlarged in 2006 to the ISO 5659-2 test to reinforce the development action to the railway companies. The CREPIM currently owns an important know-how on the new EN 45545 railway regulation
- The accreditation scope was enlarged in 2007 with the accreditation of 5 tests related to the building product CE marking
- CREPIM was recognized in 2003 by CERTIFER for the I and F classification tests (flame propagation, smoke opacity and toxicity). CREPIM also takes part into the interlaboratory tests which validate its competency to lead tests for the I and F classification but also for the EN 45545 classification
- Since 2009, CREPIM has been a notified laboratory nÂ°2137 for the initial testing type in the framework of the construction product regulation linked to the CE marking. In this context, CREPIM is involved in the interlaboratory tests
- Since 2010, CREPIM has been recognized by the French Home Office for fire testing and for delivering of the official test reports ("ProcĂ¨s-verbal" certificates)
- Since 2012, CREPIM has been notified -NÂ°2137- for the product certification in the framework of the construction product regulation
- More generally, CREPIM owns the whole tests necessary for the building, the railway, the aeronautic and the maritime sectors. It should also be noted that CREPIM has knowledge and recognitions in the automotive field but also in across sectors such as electronic and electro-technic materials and padded material